Nebraska Lawyers are the State Bar Association. Get involved and Help make great things happen.
Take this opportunity to select where you want to help.
The NSBA has a number of committees for which you can volunteer. For more information on the purpose of each Committee, use the following links:
To volunteer for a committee, complete and submit this form.
- The Executive Council is the administrative and executive body of the NSBA. It meets several times during the year and recommends action on policy and governance issues affecting the bar to the House of Delegates for their approval.
- The House of Delegates is the governing body of the NSBA. It meets several times during the year and takes action on policy and governance issues affecting the bar.
Consider representing your district when openings appear or elections are held for the House of Delegates and Executive Council. Contact Jane Schoenike, NSBA Executive Director.
The mission of the NSBA Leadership Academy is to develop the leadership skills of the participants to allow them to make greater contributions to the legal profession and their community.
The goals of the Academy are:
- To nurture effective leadership with respect to ethical, professional and community service issues
- To build relationships among legal leaders from across the state and from across disciplines within the profession
- To raise the level of awareness among lawyers regarding the broad range of issues facing the legal profession
- To enhance the diversity of leaders within the legal profession and the community as a whole
Nebraska Continuting Legal Education (NCLE)
Nebraska Continuing Legal Education would like to hear from lawyers who are interested in:
- Speaking at a CLE program - do you have a topic that interests you, that you have worked with or written about?
- Planning a CLE program – do you have an idea for a CLE program that you would like to see presented? Consider planning one. Staff will work with you to make your program idea into a reality.
- Other suggestions for presentations you would like to see or topics you wish to see covered are always welcome.
Contact Kathryn Bellman at the NSBA.
Nebraska Lawyers Foundation (NLF)
The Nebraska Lawyers Foundation is a non-profit corporation whose focus is to obtain grants, gifts and contributions to fund the work of the Minority and Justice Implementation Fund, the Nebraska Lawyers Assistance Fund, the One Hour of Sharing campaign, the Volunteer Lawyers Fund, the Nebraska Continuing Legal Education Fund and the New Initiatives Fund. For more information on each program visit the Funds Supported page or click on the Donate Now image to make a donation. For more information on The Nebraska Laywers Foundation, contact Sam Clinch at the NSBA.
The Nebraska Lawyer Magazine
The Nebraska Lawyer Magazine is interested in hearing from members with stories and story ideas. Share your ideas with the Nebraska Lawyer’s readership. Contact Kathryn Bellman at the NSBA.
Volunteer Lawyers Project (VLP)
Self Help Desks - The Nebraska Bar Association operates Self Help Desks in county courthouses. All the Self Help Desk volunteers attorneys assist pro se litigants navigate the legal system. The attorneys may give the individuals limited legal advice, talk them through the legal process and give them prepared forms. The Self Help Desk attorneys do not routinely draft forms or do legal research. Attorneys, to volunteer for the Self Help Desks contact Jean McNeil or Alton Mitchell, (402) 475-7091.