Nebraska Lawyers are the State Bar Association. Get involved and Help make great things happen.
Take this opportunity to select where you want to help.
The NSBA has a number of committees for which you can volunteer. For more information on the purpose of each Committee, use the following links:
To volunteer for a committee, complete and submit this form.
- The Executive Council is the administrative and executive body of the NSBA. It meets several times during the year and recommends action on policy and governance issues affecting the bar to the House of Delegates for their approval.
- The House of Delegates is the governing body of the NSBA. It meets several times during the year and takes action on policy and governance issues affecting the bar.
Consider representing your district when openings appear or elections are held for the House of Delegates and Executive Council. Contact Jane Schoenike, NSBA Executive Director.
The mission of the NSBA Leadership Academy is to develop the leadership skills of the participants to allow them to make greater contributions to the legal profession and their community.
The goals of the Academy are:
- To nurture effective leadership with respect to ethical, professional and community service issues
- To build relationships among legal leaders from across the state and from across disciplines within the profession
- To raise the level of awareness among lawyers regarding the broad range of issues facing the legal profession
- To enhance the diversity of leaders within the legal profession and the community as a whole
Nebraska Continuting Legal Education (NCLE)
Nebraska Continuing Legal Education would like to hear from lawyers who are interested in:
- Speaking at a CLE program - do you have a topic that interests you, that you have worked with or written about?
- Planning a CLE program – do you have an idea for a CLE program that you would like to see presented? Consider planning one. Staff will work with you to make your program idea into a reality.
- Other suggestions for presentations you would like to see or topics you wish to see covered are always welcome.
Contact Kathryn Bellman at the NSBA.
Nebraska Lawyers Foundation (NLF)
The Nebraska Lawyers Foundation is a non-profit corporation whose focus is to obtain grants, gifts and contributions to fund the work of the Minority and Justice Implementation Fund, the Nebraska Lawyers Assistance Fund, the One Hour of Sharing campaign, the Volunteer Lawyers Fund, the Nebraska Continuing Legal Education Fund and the New Initiatives Fund. For more information on each program visit the Funds Supported page or click on the Donate Now image to make a donation. For more information on The Nebraska Laywers Foundation, contact Greg Fox at the NSBA.
The Nebraska Lawyer Magazine
Volunteer Lawyers Project (VLP)
The Volunteer Lawyers Project is a Statewide volunteer legal services project and referral network founded on the belief that all citizens should have access to the legal system, regardless of ability to pay. Established in 1982 as a project of the Nebraska State Bar Association, VLP seeks to match people who have civil legal problems with attorneys who are willing to provide legal assistance on a pro bono , reduced fee, contingency fee, or full fee basis. Providing pro bono or reduced-fee legal services to those low-income people who need legal assistance is the primary goal of the Program. Any attorney who is an active member of the Nebraska State Bar Association may participate in the program. Volunteeer here or contact Jean McNeil, VLP Director