Military Law: General Resources
The Military Law Section is happy to provide a list of online resources to aid members of our Military and their dependents.
American Bar Association
- Standing Committee on Legal Assistance for Military Personnel
- Military Lawyers Committee
- Military Legal Assistance
- American Bar Association Launches New Website For Military Families
- ABA Urges Steps to Help Veterans Navigate Court System
Department of Veterans Affairs
- Burial and Memorial Benefits - This site provides information regarding burial and memorial benefits for Military members and spouses.
- CHAMPVA - The Civilian Health and Medical Program of the Department of Veterans Affairs (CHAMPVA) is a health benefits program in which the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) shares the cost of certain health care services and supplies with eligible beneficiaries.
- Education Benefits - The Home for All Educational Benefits Provided by the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Federal Benefits for Veterans, Dependents & Survivors - Veterans of the United States armed forces may be eligible for a broad range of programs and services provided by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). These benefits are legislated in Title 38 of the United States Code.
- Federal Jobs - Database of available jobs in the Federal Government.
- Health Care Eligibility - This site contains information on health care benefits and how to access them.
- Home Loan Guaranty - This site contains informatin on Loan Guaranty Service and the Home Loan Program
- Life Insurance - Insurance programs were developed to provide insurance benefits for veterans and service members who may not be able to get insurance from private companies because of the extra risks involved in military service, or a service connected disability.
- Memorial Certificate Program - A Presidential Memorial Certificate (PMC) is an engraved paper certificate, signed by the current President, to honor the memory of honorably discharged deceased Veterans.
- Mental Health - VA provides numerous ways for Veterans to get the help they may need to keep mentally healthy.
- Military Personnel Records - The National Personnel Records Center, Military Personnel Records (NPRC-MPR) is the repository of millions of military personnel, health, and medical records of discharged and deceased veterans of all services during the 20th century. (Records prior to WWI are in Washington, DC.) NPRC (MPR) also stores medical treatment records of retirees from all services, as well as records for dependent and other persons treated at naval medical facilities. Information from the records is made available upon written request (with signature and date) to the extent allowed by law.
- My HealtheVet - My HealtheVet is the VA's Personal Health Record. It was designed for Veterans, active duty Servicemembers, their dependents and caregivers. My HealtheVet helps you partner with your health care team. It provides you opportunities and tools to make informed decisions.
- National Resource Directory - The National Resource Directory (NRD) provides access to services and resources at the national, state and local levels that support recovery, rehabilitation and community reintegration.
- Prosthetic and Sensory Aids Service - The mission of the Prosthetic & Sensory Aids Service (PSAS) is to provide comprehensive support to optimize health and independence of the Veteran. Our vision is to be the premier source of prosthetic and orthotic services, sensory aids, medical equipment, and support services for Veterans.
- Returning Servicemembers - Have you recently returned from military service? Now is the time to take advantage of the benefits VA offers OEF/OIF Veterans.
- Women Veterans Health Care - This web site provides information on health care services available to women Veterans, including comprehensive primary care as well as specialty care such as reproductive services, rehabilitation, mental health, and treatment for military sexual trauma.
- VA Vet Centers - Our Centers offer a wide range of services to help you make a successful transition from military to civilian life. You've earned these benefits and there is no cost to you or your family members.
- VA Benefit Payment Rates - Compensation and Pension Payment Rates.
- VA Forms - Fillable forms covering a wide array of issues for veterans.
- Veterans Employment & Training - VETS Proudly Serves Veterans & Service Members! We Provide Resources and Expertise to Assist and Prepare them to Obtain Meaningful Careers, Maximize their Employment Opportunities, and Protect their Employment Rights.
- Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment
- Appeals http://www.warms.vba.va.gov/admin21/m21_1/mr/part1/ch05.doc
- Board of Veteran's Appeals http://www.va.gov/vbs/bva/
- CARES Commission http://www.va.gov/vbs/bva/
- CARES Draft National Plan http://www1.va.gov/cares/page.cfm?pg=105
- Center for Minority Veterans http://www1.va.gov/centerforminorityveterans/
- Center for Veterans Enterprise http://www.vetbiz.gov/default2.htm
- Center for Women Veterans http://www1.va.gov/womenvet/
- Clarification on the changes in VA healthcare for Gulf War Veterans http://www.gulfwarvets.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000016.html
- Classified Records - American Gulf War Veterans Assoc http://www.gulfwarvets.com/ubb/Forum18/HTML/000011.html
- Compensation for Disabilities Associated with the Gulf War Service http://www.warms.vba.va.gov/admin21/m21_1/part6%20/ch07.doc
- Compensation Rate Tables, 12-1-03 http://www.vba.va.gov/bln/21/Rates/comp01.htm
- Department of Veterans Affairs Home Page http://www.va.gov/
- Directory of Veterans Service Organizations http://www1.va.gov/vso/index.cfm?template=view
- Disability Examination Worksheets Index, Comp http://www.vba.va.gov/bln/21/Benefits/exams/index.htm
- Due Process http://www.warms.vba.va.gov/admin21/m21_1/mr/part1/ch02.doc
- Duty to Assist http://www.warms.vba.va.gov/admin21/m21_1/mr/part1/ch01.doc
- Electronic Code of Federal Regulations http://www.gpoaccess.gov/ecfr/
- Emergency, Non-emergency, and Fee Basis Care http://www1.va.gov/opa/vadocs/fedben.pdf
- Environmental Agents http://www1.va.gov/environagents/
- Environmental Agents M10 http://www1.va.gov/vhapublications/ViewPublication.asp?pub_ID=1002
- Establishing Combat Veteran Eligibility http://www1.va.gov/vhapublications/ViewPublication.asp?pub_ID=315
- EVALUATION PROTOCOL FOR GULF WAR AND IRAQI FREEDOM VETERANS WITH POTENTIAL EXPOSURE TO DEPLETED URANIUM (DU) http://www1.va.gov/gulfwar/docs/DUHandbook1303122304.DOC and http://www1.va.gov/vhapublications/ViewPublication.asp?pub_ID=1158
See also, Depleted Uranium Fact Sheet http://www1.va.gov/gulfwar/docs/DepletedUraniumFAQSheet.doc
- EVALUATION PROTOCOL FOR NON-GULF WAR VETERANS WITH POTENTIAL EXPOSURE TO DEPLETED URANIUM (DU) http://www1.va.gov/gulfwar/docs/DUHANDBOOKNONGW130340304.DOC
- Fee Basis, PRIORITY FOR OUTPATIENT MEDICAL SERVICES AND INPATIENT HOSPITAL CARE http://www1.va..gov/vhapublications/ViewPublication.asp?pub_ID=206
- Federal Benefits for Veterans and Dependants 2005 http://www1.va.gov/opa/vadocs/fedben.pdf OR, http://www1.va..gov/opa/vadocs/current_benefits.htm
- Forms and Records Request http://www.va.gov/vaforms/
- General Compensation Provisions http://www.access.gpo.gov/uscode/title38/partii_chapter11_subchaptervi_.html
- Geriatrics and Extended Care http://www1.va.gov/geriatricsshg/
- Guideline for Chronic Pain and Fatigue MUS-CPG http://www.oqp.med.va.gov/cpg/cpgn/mus/mus_base.htm
- Guide to Gulf War Veteran's Health http://www1.va.gov/gulfwar/docs/VHIgulfwar.pdf
- Gulf War Subject Index http://www1.va.gov/GulfWar/page.cfm?pg=7&template=main&letter=A
- Gulf War Veteran's Illnesses Q&As http://www1.va.gov/gulfwar/docs/GWIllnessesQandAsIB1041.pdf
- Hearings http://www.warms.vba.va.gov/admin21/m21_1/mr/part1/ch04.doc
- Homeless Veterans http://www1.va.gov/homeless/
- HSR&D Home http://www.hsrd.research.va.gov/
- Index to Disability Examination Worksheets C&P exams http://www.vba.va.gov/bln/21/benefits/exams/index.htm
- Ionizing Radiation http://www1.va.gov/irad/
- Iraqi Freedom/Enduring Freedom Veterans VBA http://www.vba.va.gov/EFIF/
- M 10 for spouses and children http://www1..va.gov/vhapublications/ViewPublication.asp?pub_ID=1007
- M10 Part III Change 1 http://www1.va.gov/vhapublications/ViewPublication.asp?pub_ID=1008
- M21-1 Table of Contents http://www.warms.vba.va.gov/M21_1.html
- Mental Disorders, Schedule of Ratings http://www.warms.vba.va.gov/regs/38CFR/BOOKC/PART4/S4_130.DOC
- Mental Health Program Guidelines http://www1.va.gov/vhapublications/ViewPublication.asp?pub_ID=1094
- Mental Illness Research, Education and Clinical Centers http://www.mirecc.med.va.gov/
- MS (Multiple Sclerosis) Centers of Excellence http://www.va.gov/ms/about.asp
- My Health e Vet http://www.myhealth.va.gov/
- NASDVA.COM http://nasdva.com/
- National Association of State Directors http://www.nasdva.com/
- National Center for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention http://www.nchpdp.med.va.gov/postdeploymentlinks.asp
- Neurological Conditions and Convulsive Disorders, Schedule of Ratings http://www.warms.vba.va.gov/regs/38cfr/bookc/part4/s4%5F124a.doc
- OMI (Office of Medical Inspector) http://www.omi.cio.med.va.gov/
- Online VA Form 10-10EZ https://www.1010ez..med.va.gov/sec/vha/1010ez/
- Parkinson's Disease and Related Neurodegenerative Disorders http://www1.va.gov/resdev/funding/solicitations/docs/parkinsons.pdf and http://www1.va.gov/padrecc/
- Peacetime Disability Compensation http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi?dbname=browse_usc&docid=Cite:+38USC1131
- Pension for Non-Service-Connected Disability or Death
- Persian Gulf Registry http://www1.va.gov/vhapublications/ViewPublication.asp?pub_ID=1003
- .This program is now referred to as Gulf War Registry Program (to include Operation Iraqi Freedom) as of March 7, 2005: http://www1..va.gov/vhapublications/ViewPublication.asp?pub_ID=1232
- Persian Gulf Registry Referral Centers http://www1.va.gov/vhapublications/ViewPublication.asp?pub_ID=1006
- Persian Gulf Veterans' Illnesses Research 1999, Annual Report To Congress http://www1.va.gov/resdev/1999_Gulf_War_Veterans'_Illnesses_Appendices.doc
- Persian Gulf Veterans' Illnesses Research 2002, Annual Report To Congress http://www1.va.gov/resdev/prt/gulf_war_2002/GulfWarRpt02.pdf
- Phase I PGR http://www1.va.gov/vhapublications/ViewPublication.asp?pub_ID=1004
- Phase II PGR http://www1.va.gov/vhapublications/ViewPublication.asp?pub_ID=1005
- Policy Manual Index http://www.va.gov/publ/direc/eds/edsmps.htm
- Power of Attorney http://www.warms.vba..va.gov/admin21/m21_1/mr/part1/ch03.doc Project 112 (Including Project SHAD) http://www1.va.gov/shad/
- Prosthetics Eligibility http://www1.va.gov/vhapublications/ViewPublication.asp?pub_ID=337
- Public Health and Environmental Hazards Home Page http://www.vethealth.cio.med.va.gov/
- Public Health/SARS http://www..publichealth.va.gov/SARS/
- Publications Manuals http://www1.va.gov/vhapublications/publications.cfm?Pub=4
- Publications and Reports http://www1.va.gov/resdev/prt/pubs_individual.cfm?webpage=gulf_war.htm
- Records Center and Vault Homepage http://www.aac.va.gov/vault/default.html
- Records Center and Vault Site Map http://www.aac.va.gov/vault/sitemap.html
- REQUEST FOR AND CONSENT TO RELEASE OF INFORMATION FROM CLAIMANT'S RECORDS http://www.forms.va.gov/va/Internet/VARF/getformharness.asp?formName=3288-form.xft
- Research Advisory Committee on Gulf War Veterans Illnesses April 11, 2002 http://www1.va.gov/rac-gwvi/docs/Minutes_April112002.doc
- Research Advisory Committee on Gulf War Veterans Illnesses http://www1.va.gov/rac-gwvi/docs/ReportandRecommendations_2004.pdf
- Research and Development http://www.appc1.va.gov/resdev/programs/all_programs.cfm
- Survivor's and Dependents' Educational Assistance http://www.access.gpo.gov/uscode/title38/partiii_chapter35_.html
- Title 38 Index Parts 0-17 http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/text-idx?sid=1b0c269b510d3157fbf8f8801bc9b3dc&c=ecfr&tpl=/ecfrbrowse/Title38/38cfrv1_02.tpl
Part 18 http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/text-idx?sid=1b0c269b510d3157fbf8f8801bc9b3dc&c=ecfr&tpl=/ecfrbrowse/Title38/38cfrv2_02.tpl
Title 38 Part 3 Adjudication Subpart "Pension, Compensation, and Dependency and Indemnity Compensation http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/text-idx?c=ecfr&sid=1b0c269b510d3157fbf8f8801bc9b3dc&tpl=/ecfrbrowse/Title38/38cfr3_main_02.tpl
Title 38 Pensions, Bonuses & Veterans Relief (also 3.317 Compensation for certain disabilities due to undiagnosed illnesses found here) http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/text-idx?c=ecfr&sid=1b0c269b510d3157fbf8f8801bc9b3dc&tpl=/ecfrbrowse/Title38/38cfr3_main_02.tpl
Title 38 PART 4--SCHEDULE FOR RATING DISABILITIES Subpart B--DISABILITY RATINGS
Title 38 § 4.16 Total disabiliity ratings for compensation based on unemployability of the individual. PART 4 "SCHEDULE FOR RATING DISABILITIES Subpart "General Policy in Rating http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/text-idx?c=ecfr&sid=1b0c269b510d3157fbf8f8801bc9b3dc&rgn=div8&view=text&node=38:18.104.22.168.5.1..96.11&idno=38
- U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims http://www.vetapp.gov/
- VA Best Practice Manual for Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) http://www.avapl.org/pub/PTSD%20Manual%20final%206.pdf
- VA Fact Sheet http://www1.va.gov/opa/fact/gwfs.html
- VA Health Care Eligibility http://www.va.gov/healtheligibility/home/hecmain.asp
- VA INSTITUTING GLOBAL ASSESSMENT OF FUNCTION (GAF) http://www.avapl.org/gaf/gaf.html
- VA Life Insurance Handbook Chapter 3 http://www.insurance.va.gov/inForceGliSite/GLIhandbook/glibookletch3.htm#310
- VA Loan Lending Limits and Jumbo Loans http://valoans.com/va_facts_limits.cfm
- VA MS Research http://www.va.gov/ms/about.asp
- VA National Hepatitis C Program http://www.hepatitis.va.gov/
- VA Office of Research and Development http://www1.va.gov/resdev/
- VA Trainee Pocket Card on Gulf War http://www.va.gov/OAA/pocketcard/gulfwar.asp
- VA WMD EMSHG http://www1.va.gov/emshg/
- VA WRIISC-DC http://www.va.gov/WRIISC-DC/
- VAOIG Hotline Telephone Number and Address http://www.va..gov/oig/hotline/hotline3 .htm
- Vet Center Eligibility - Readjustment Counseling Service http://www.va.gov/rcs/Eligibility.htm
- Veterans Benefits Administration Main Web Page http://www.vba.va.gov/
- Veterans Legal and Benefits Information http://valaw.org/
- VHA Forms, Publications, Manuals http://www1.va.gov/vhapublications/
- VHA Programs - Clinical Programs & Initiatives http://www1.va.gov/health_benefits/page.cfm?pg=13
- VHA Public Health Strategic Health Care Group Home Page http: // www.publichealth.va.gov/
- VHI Guide to Gulf War Veterans(tm) Health http://www1.va.gov/vhi_ind_study/gulfwar/istudy/index.asp
- Vocational Rehabilitation http://www.vba.va.gov/bln/vre/
- Vocational Rehabilitation Subsistence http://www.vba.va.gov/bln/vre/InterSubsistencefy04.doc
- VONAPP online http://vabenefits.vba.va.gov/vonapp/main.asp
- WARMS - 38 CFR Book C http://www.warms.vba.va.gov/bookc.html
- Wartime Di sability Compensation http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi?dbname=browse_usc&docid=Cite:+38USC1110
- War-Related Illness and Injury Study Center - New Jersey http://www.wri.med.va.gov/
- Welcome to the GI Bill Web Site http://www.gibill.va.gov/
- What VA Social Workers Do http://www1.va.gov/socialwork/page.cfm?pg=3
- WRIISC Patient Eligibility http://www.illegion.org/va1.html
|CHAMPVA - Civilian Health & Medical Program||1-800-733-8387|
|Federal Recovery Coordination Program||1-877-732-4456|
|Foreign Medical Program||1-888-820-1756|
|Headstones & Markers||1-800-697-6947|
|National Cemetery Scheduling Office||1-800-535-1117|
|National Suicide Prevention Lifeline||1-800-273-8255|
|Pension Management Center||1-877-294-6380|
|Presidential Memorial Certificate Program||1-202-565-4964|
|Special Health Issues||1-800-749-8387|
|Spina Bifida/Children of Women Vietnam Veterans||1-888-820-1756|
|Telecommunication Device for the Deaf (TDD)||1-800-829-4833|
|Women Veterans Health||1-202-461-1070|