Thursday, December 15, 2016
9:00 AM - 4:30 PM CT
Map this event »
Scott Conference Center
6450 Pine St.
Omaha, Nebraska 68106
« Go to Upcoming Event List
*NE MCLE #130605. IA MCLE #246733. 6 CLE hours, including 1 hour ethics. (Regular/Live credit)
*NE MCLE #130603. IA MCLE #246732. 6 CLE hours, including 1 hour ethics. (Distance learning credit)
*Only 5 distance learning CLE hours may be claimed per year for Nebraska.*
**Webinars are conducted via the GoToMeeting platform. Click here for system requirements.
Download PDF Registration Form
$360- Regular Registration
$270 - NSBA dues-paying members
$10 - Law Students
|You negotiate every day. In fact, your ability to effectively negotiate may be the most critical skill you possess. Yet most negotiate instinctively or intuitively. This seminar will help you approach negotiations with a strategic mindset. And make no mistake – no matter how much you’ve negotiated, you can still learn. Adding that one new tactic may be the difference between winning and walking away empty-handed.
Marty Latz, a Harvard Law honors graduate, is one of the nation’s leading experts and instructors on negotiating techniques. Marty will help make YOU a more effective lawyer.
15 Skills You’ll Learn
1. Latz’s 5 Golden Rules of Negotiation
2. Ways to gain leverage when seemingly powerless
3. Strategies to get past “No” – if all appears lost
4. 1st offer dynamics – when to make it and when to wait
5. Secrets to success in emotionally charged negotiations
6. Powerful agenda control techniques
7. Deadline and timing tips
8. Where to use Competitive techniques vs. problem solving strategies
9. Tactics to generate creative solutions
10. How to get power with effective information gathering
11. When to share information – and when to keep it
12. When to hold – and when to fold
13. Ways to deal with untrustworthy adversaries
14. How to keep options open while building future relationships
15. The difference between “puffery” and unacceptable lying
Marty Latz, Esq.
Adjunct Professor – Negotiation since 1995
Arizona State Univ. Law
“Easily the best CLE presentation I have attended in 39 years as an attorney. The content, presentation and passion were superb.”
-Steve C. Johns, Heartland Business Exchange, Kansas
“I brought a briefcase full of work to do assuming I’d be bored and didn’t even touch it. Fun, informative, great stories.”
-Kari Samuels, Gibbons Del Deo, Philadelphia, PA
Marty’s book, Gain the Edge! Negotiating to Get What You Want can be purchased from Amazon at http://ow.ly/UZ67p