This annual program will review significant developments under the Americans with Disabilities Act, including recent case law, EEOC enforcement and regulatory activity, and trends in private litigation. The program will cover case law interpreting the scope of the ADA’s coverage, the use of technology as a form of reasonable accommodation, and leave as a form of reasonable accommodation.
Tuesday, March 8, 2016
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
« Go to Upcoming Event List
Nebraska Activity #121096, 1.0 hour CLE
This annual program will review significant developments under the Americans with Disabilities Act, including recent case law, EEOC enforcement and regulatory activity, and trends in private litigation. The program will cover case law interpreting the scope of the ADA’s coverage, the use of technology as a form of reasonable accommodation, and leave as a form of reasonable accommodation. The program will also cover the extensive use by employers of wellness programs in the workplace and the EEOC’s recent proposed rule on these programs. The program will also cover trends the EEOC sees in complaints it receives from employees. This program will provide you with a practical guide to significant case law and regulatory under the ADA in the past year.
- Review of recent case law and regulatory developments
- Trends in private litigation and EEOC enforcement activity
- Review of the EEOC’s proposed rule on workplace wellness programs
- Recent decisions interpreting coverage of the ADA
- Use of tele-work and other technologies as a form of “reasonable accommodation”
- Developments related to essential workplace functions and qualification standards
- Leave as a form of reasonable accommodation and related compensation issues
Christopher Kuczynski is Assistant Legal Counsel and Director of the Americans With Disabilities Act Policy Division at the United States Equal Employment Opportunity Commission in Washington, D.C. He supervises the development of policy guidance interpreting Title I of the ADA and advises EEOC’s field offices, Office of General Counsel, and chair and commissioners on ADA investigations and litigation. Earlier in his career, he served as Associate Director for the White House Domestic Policy Council and as a trial attorney in the Civil Rights Division of the United States Department of Justice. Mr. Kuczynski received his B.A. from Villanova University, his J.D. from Temple Law School, and his L.L.M. from the Yale Law School.
Leslie Abbott is a partner in the Los Angeles office of Paul Hastings, LLP, where she is co-vice chair of the firm’s global employment law group and co-chairs the firm’s nationwide wage and hour practice. Her practice includes the representation of employers in all aspects of employment law, with significant expertise in wage and hour law. She has defended a significant number of class action and single plaintiff wage and hour lawsuits for nationwide employers in the last three years. She is Fellow of the College of Labor and Employment Lawyers. Ms. Abbott received her B.A. from the University of California at Berkeley, a diploma from the London School of Economics, and her J.D. form Loyola Law School.
To Register:Cost $89.00
If you need additional information on your CLE credits please contact:
- Click on abo9ve link
- Click “Login to add to cart” button at the bottom of the program page
- This will take you to the log in page, FIRST time users will need to create a user name and password that is separate and distinct from any information you may have used for the Nebraska State Bar website
- Please be sure to use the attorney name and contact information of the person who is to receive the CLE credit
- Once completed click “Update & Proceed to Payment”
- The final step is to click “Submit Payment”
- At this point you will receive an email confirmation of the purchase
- The day before the Program you will receive the dial in information and program materials
- We will submit the program participation information to the Nebraska State Bar Association within 48 hours of the program completion
Sara Weber, Nebraska State Bar Association
(402) 475-7091 ext # 131; firstname.lastname@example.org