Nebraska Activity #125340. 1.0 hours CLE
Go to: http://linkon.in/NE070116
$85 - All Registrants
***Because these seminars are provided through a third party, NSBA dues-paying members are NOT ABLE to use their 2 free ethics credits for these seminars.***
Just about everyone has a computer on their desk and access to the Internet. But if you’ve never taken a formal class to learn how to search effectively, then this seminar is for you!
In this webinar, you’ll begin to discover hidden and undocumented Google search features and shortcuts to speed up your research. You will learn more about some of the less-obvious features of the world’s most popular search engine, the ways other lawyers are using those features to research for their matters em, and why you should be putting them to use in your practice.
Don’t be left behind in finding out how Google can reveal a gold mine of information that will assist you in meeting your investigative and legal research obligations.
Come join Carole Levitt and Mark Rosch, internationally recognized Internet trainers and authors of seven American Bar Association Internet research books, who will show you how to be a Cybersleuth to unearth information for FREE (or at low cost!) on the Net. Program materials are excerpted from their book, “The Cybersleuth’s Guide to the Internet.”
- Do lawyers have a "duty to Google?"
- Improve your results using Boolean and Proximity Connectors
- How search engines work
- Understanding the anatomy of the search results page
- Does word order matter?
- Choosing your search terms
- When capitalization matters
- Learn what’s new at Google
- Can “Incognito Searching” improve your search experience?
- Find out how to narrow and filter your search results
- Are you “Feeling Lucky?”
- Begin to uncover the hidden tools of Google’s Advanced Search
If you need additional information on your CLE credits please contact:
Sara Weber, Nebraska State Bar Association
(402) 475-7091 ext # 131; firstname.lastname@example.org