Nebraska Activity #128534, 1.0 hour CLE
***Because these seminars are provided through a third party, NSBA dues-paying members are NOT ABLE to use their 2 free ethics credits for these seminars.***
Employers are required under several branches of law to provide leave to employees and often reinstate them to the same job category when they return. The FMLA, ADA and Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA) set a variety of eligibility standards and circumstances in which employers must offer leave, or become liable for failing to do so. The complexity of these overlapping laws exposes clients to substantial risk and liability if these laws’ requirements are not properly integrated into workplace leave policy and administration. This program will provide you with a practical guide to the sources of federal employee leave law, covered employees and qualifying circumstances, how leave can and should be incorporated into employer policies and handbooks to avoid liability.
- Recent developments impacting employee leave – FMLA, ADA, and military leave
- What employees are covered by leave law and what circumstances are entitled to leave?
- What length of leave and what compensation/benefits must employers offer employees?
- What rights to job category reinstatement do employees have after returning from leave?
- Practical guidance on incorporating leave into employer policies and employee handbooks
- Medical certificate, proof of eligibility, and practical traps for employers in administering leave policy
Kenneth M. Willner is a partner in the Washington, D.C. office of Paul Hastings, LLP, and chair of the office's employment law practice. He represents employers in all aspects of employment law and litigation including wrongful discharge, discrimination, sexual harassment, disability discrimination, class actions, and individual cases in federal and state courts and before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs. Mr. Willner received his B.A., with distinction, from the University of Virginia, and his J.D. from the University of Virginia Law School.
To Register:Cost $89.00
If you need additional information on your CLE credits please contact:
- Click on above link
- Click “Login to add to cart” button at the bottom of the program page
- This will take you to the log in page, FIRST time users will need to create a user name and password that is separate and distinct from any information you may have used for the Nebraska State Bar website
- Please be sure to use the attorney name and contact information of the person who is to receive the CLE credit
- Once completed click “Update & Proceed to Payment”
- The final step is to click “Submit Payment”
- At this point you will receive an email confirmation of the purchase
- The day before the Program you will receive the dial in information and program materials
- We will submit the program participation information to the Nebraska State Bar Association within 48 hours of the program completion
Sara Weber, Nebraska State Bar Association
(402) 475-7091 ext # 131; firstname.lastname@example.org