Nebraska Activity #130179. 1.0 hours CLE
Go to: http://cleseminars.com/all-partners/nebraska-state-bar-cle-webinars/
$85 - All Registrants
Using a number of hypothetical family law research scenarios, your presenters will demonstrate the best Internet research strategies for finding free and low cost information to help you with your family law matters, ranging from divorce, custody, and visitation, to international parental kidnapping, reproductive rights, and more.
· Jump start your family law research with:
· free legal research portals
· full-text law review and journal articles
· blogs and tweets on family law issues
· Learn how to use the free mobile app that allows you to quickly look up a court opinion or statute when you only have access to your mobile device
· Discover how to find free interdisciplinary articles and court opinions with Google Scholar
· Find the best free public record portal to uncover records in any jurisdiction
· Learn how to research sex offenders and criminal history.
· Dig up dirt: a quick tour of social media
· Access family law-related international treaties and foreign statutes
· Find specific information about adoption, LGBTQ rights, and also reproductive rights
Originally recorded September 30, 2016.
Carole Levitt, JD MLS & Cookie Lewis MSIS
Carole Levitt, J.D., MLS, President, Internet for Lawyers, is an internationally recognized CLE seminar speaker and noted ABA author of "Internet Legal Research on a Budget", among other books. Cookie Lewis, MSLS, “The Diva of Data,” is Principal of Askinfomania (a legal & business research consultancy), and author of numerous legal research articles.
In 2013, Levitt was a recipient of the “Fastcase Fifty” award, recognizing “50 of the smartest, most courageous innovators, techies, visionaries, and leaders in the law” and in 2014 and became a Fellow in the College of Law Practice Management, the international honor society that recognizes distinguished law practice management professionals. Lewis is a law library consultant with 35 years of experience. She provides strategic legal and business research and analysis to aid law firms, forensic accountants, accounting and consulting firms for litigation, corporate due diligence, and competitive intelligence, among other areas.
If you need additional information on your CLE credits please contact:
Sara Weber, Nebraska State Bar Association
(402) 475-7091 ext # 131; firstname.lastname@example.org