*Nebraska MCLE #151092 (Regular/live), #151091 (Distance learning). 2 CLE ethics hours.
$130 - Regular Registration
FREE - I paid 2017 NSBA dues and would like to claim my 2 free ethics credits
$100 - NSBA dues-paying member (I have already claimed my 2 free ethics credits)
Free - Law Students
NSBA Dues Paying Members: If you have not already claimed your 2 hours of FREE Ethics for 2018, please enter the Promo Code ethics2018 when checking out in store. Be sure to click the "Apply" button to ensure the discount is applied. If you are unsure if you paid dues to the NSBA, please contact the NSBA offices at (402) 475-7091.
The overwhelming majority of in-house compliance officers are licensed attorneys. Some of these attorneys serve as both in-house counsel and compliance officers, while others perform only a compliance role. Regardless of the role, attorneys working in compliance must be aware of the legal ethics issues that might arise in their work.
• Identify legal ethics issues faced by attorneys who work as in-house compliance officers.
• Understand how the applicable rules of professional conduct, statutes, and court decisions apply to the legal ethics issues faced by attorneys who work as in-house compliance officers.
Paul McGreal, J.D., joined Creighton University School of Law on July 1, 2015, as dean, and served in the posi-tion through July 31, 2017. Professor McGreal’s areas of expertise include corporate compliance, business ethics, law and economics, constitutional law, religion and the law, and First Amendment rights. He is the author of more than 50 articles, book chapters, and essays for publications at such institutions as the University of Notre Dame, Northwestern University, and the University of Pennsylvania. He earned a Master of Laws degree from Yale Law School, a J.D. from the Dedman School of Law and a B.A. in economics from Williams College.
NSBA CLE Cancellation Policy:
- A full refund will be granted only when a cancellation request is received at least 72 hours prior to the live or distance-learning CLE event.
- A cancellation request made less than 72 hours of the live or distance learning CLE event or following the live or distance-learning CLE event will be refunded, less a $30 processing fee.
- You may send a substitute (e.g., someone from your firm) in lieu of cancelling.
- The cancellation policy for a NSBA sponsored CLE event does not apply to independent third-party CLE providers, and attorneys are subject to their cancellation policy.