Thursday, December 12, 2019
9:00 AM - 4:30 PM CT
Embassy Suites La Vista
12520 Westport Pkwy
La Vista, Nebraska 68128
« Go to Upcoming Event List
NE MCLE #184633, IA MCLE #337524. 6.0 CLE Hours, including 1.0 Ethics (Regular/Live)
NE MCLE #184634, IA MCLE #337525 6.0 CLE Hours, including 1.0 Ethics (Distance Learning)
**Webinars are conducted via the GoToMeeting platform. Click here for system requirements.
Download Registration Form
$360.00 – Regular Registration
$300.00 – NSBA Voluntary Dues-Paying Member
Free – Law students
**Non-Attorney pricing available. Contact Allyson Felt for more information.**
PLEASE NOTE: In order to ensure proper and timely reporting of CLE hours, please log-in using the credentials of the person that is to be registered for the event. If you need assistance, please contact the administrative department.
You negotiate every day. In fact, your ability to effectively negotiate may be the most critical skill you possess. Yet most negotiate instinctively or intuitively. This seminar will help you approach negotiations with a strategic mindset. And make no mistake – no matter how much you’ve negotiated, you can still learn. Adding that one new tactic may be the difference between winning and walking away empty-handed.
Marty Latz, a Harvard Law honors graduate, is one of the nation’s leading experts and instructors on negotiating techniques. Marty will help make YOU a more effective lawyer.
15 Skills You’ll Learn
- Latz’s 5 Golden Rules of Negotiation
- Ways to gain leverage when seemingly powerless
- Strategies to get past “No” – if all appears lost
- 1st offer dynamics – when to make it and when to wait
- Secrets to success in emotionally charged negotiations
- Powerful agenda control techniques
- Deadline and timing tips
- Where to use Competitive techniques vs. problem solving strategies
- Tactics to generate creative solutions
- How to get power with effective information gathering
- When to share information – and when to keep it
- When to hold – and when to fold
- Ways to deal with untrustworthy adversaries
- How to keep options open while building future relationships
- The difference between “puffery” and unacceptable lying
||Marty E. Latz is a renowned negotiation expert and Founder of the Latz Negotiation Institute. He has trained over 90,000 lawyers and business professionals around the world to more effectively negotiate.
An Adjunct Professor of Negotiation at Arizona State University College of Law since 1995, Latz has also negotiated for the White House nationally and internationally on the White House Advance Teams.
Latz, a Harvard Law cum laude graduate, is the author of Gain the Edge! Negotiating to Get What You Want and has appeared as a negotiation expert on CBS’ The Early Show and such national business shows as Your Money and Fox Business. He also writes a monthly negotiation column for The Arizona Republic.
Marty’s book, Gain the Edge! Negotiating to Get What You Want can be purchased from Amazon at: http://ow.ly/UZ67p