NE MCLE #189592; 2.0 CLE Credit Hours (Regular/Live)
Download Seminar Registration Form
The Seminar is FREE, but you must register to attend.
This seminar is being held in conjunction with the 7TH ANNUAL Rural Practice Initiative Associate and Summer Clerkship Placement Program
If you want to participate in the RPI Event please complete and return the form to:
Nebraska State Bar Association
635 S 14th St. #200, Lincoln NE 68508
firstname.lastname@example.org; FAX: (402) 475-7098
10:00 am - 12:00 pm Current Issues in Agricultural and Environmental Law
10:00 am Developments and Issues In Commercial Agriculture, Nicholas J. Ridgeway, Associate, Jacobsen Orr Lindstrom & Holbrook PC LLO
Mr. Ridgeway will discuss developments and issues he is seeing on the commercial side of agriculture, including the importance of counseling clients and other relevant actors (bankers, accountants, etc.) to observe corporate formalities and record keeping, finance and secured lending problems, succession planning, land leasing, boundary disputes, and property tax reform
11:00 am Current and Emerging Issues in Water Law, Anthony Schutz, Associate Professor of Law, University of Nebraska College of Law
Professor Schutz will discuss current and emerging issues in water law, including a case law update of relevant cases in Nebraska and beyond, as well as legislative changes. He will also discuss changes in environmental law, including the new Waters of the United States regulations.
12:30 pm - 5:30 pm IN PERSON INTERVIEWS
7TH ANNUAL: Rural Practice Initiative Associate and Summer Clerkship Placement Program
In an effort to provide attorneys and law students with an opportunity to experience the practice of law in Greater Nebraska, the Nebraska State Bar Association is conducting its sixth annual Rural Practice Initiative Program.
- Students participating in the program can support your fi rm while gaining practical experience.
- In-person interviews for our clerkship program or full-time employment will take place following the CLE Seminar.
- The goal is to provide 15-20 minutes for each interview.
- We estimate that each attorney will have the opportunity to interview at least six students in the afternoon.
- Attorneys and students will have an additional opportunity to meet and converse at a reception following the formal interview session.
5:30 pm Reception & NSBA Health Insurance Consortium Informational Meeting
The Consortium is rolling out new eligibility criteria which will make it easier for firms to qualify. LISA DANIELS from NORTH RISK PARTNERS will discuss some advantages of joining the Consortium such as:
- Affordable Coverage: By pooling together, employers are better positioned to obtain more affordable health insurance coverage due to economies of scale, managing savings, and spreading risk.
- Flexibility: Each employer in the Consortium has the option of selecting the type of health plan or plans that works best for its employees (high deductible plan vs. low deductible plan, etc.).
- A Stable Community: The NSBA’s goal is to create and to encourage a stable community of employers participating in the Consortium. When a group has a stable environment, annual rate fluctuations are less likely and less dramatic from year to year.
- Available to Family Members: In addition to staff, employers participating in the Consortium may offer family and dependent coverage to their employees.
Thank You to Our Sponsors
||NSBA Women and
the Law Section