Contributions to the Nebraska Lawyers Foundation support programs like the Volunteer Lawyers Project (VLP), the Nebraska Lawyers Assistance Program (NLAP), Rural Practice Initiative, SOLACE, the NSBA Leadership Academy and the LSAT Prep Scholarship Program. These programs help support a strong legal profession and help ensure justice for all Nebraskans. Your gift to the Nebraska Lawyers Foundation is an opportunity to help make an impact.
- Over 310,000 Nebraskans, or 17% of the state’s population, are income eligible for services from civil legal service providers.
- 20.6% of lawyers nationally report problematic alcohol use and 1 in 4 lawyers are struggling with some level of depression.
- There are 11 counties in Nebraska with no lawyers and 20 more counties with three or fewer lawyers.
- Last year VLP turned away more than 400 eligible applicants for case placement because of lack of resources.
- For many first generation college students and other historically underrepresented groups, the cost of an average
LSAT Prep Course ($1,600) is beyond their means.
Because of donations from you and other NSBA members...
- VLP launched a new online pro bono platform, ne.freelegalanswers.org
- NLAP provides confidential support, consultation and treatment referral for substance abuse, mental health and other impairments.
- Volunteer lawyers helped more than 7,000 persons last year through VLP programs and activities.
- The Rural Practice Initiative has helped place 16 lawyers in rural Nebraska.
- LSAT Prep Diversity Scholarships have been awarded to students demonstrating economic need.