| || |
The 2020 Barristers’ Ball is now VIRTUAL!
ensure the health and safety of our members, the 2020 Barristers Ball
will be a live-stream virtual event on Saturday, August 8, 2020.
Although the Barristers’ Ball will look different this year, we will
still come together. We will still celebrate. We will still have some
fun. And we will still Help Lawyers Help People.
To participate, please register your phone via this link. To receive Qtego texts regarding the auction, you must register your phone
us recognize the winners of the 2020 Robert Spire Award and NLF
Visionary Awards and support the Nebraska Lawyers Foundation by
participating in our online silent and live auctions! Proceeds of the
event support NLF programs that strengthen the legal profession and
expand access to justice. Programs including the Volunteer Lawyers
Project, the Nebraska Lawyers Assistance Program, the Rural Practice
Initiative and LSAT Prep and Leadership Academy Scholarships.
View Auction items with the
Complete Auction Program
or online at:
The mission of The Nebraska Lawyers Foundation is to serve the public and the legal profession by securing contributions to support programs dedicated to the improvement of the legal profession and the administration of justice.
Volunteer Lawyers Project
VLP is a statewide pro bono program of the Nebraska State Bar Association. The mission of VLP is to improve access to justice for low-income Nebraskans through the delivery
of quality prob bono and reduced fee legal services by volunteers. VLP fulfills this mission by developing and managing pro bono and reduced fee programs that are convenient, rewarding, and impactful for Nebraska Lawyers. Visit
the VLP Website for more information.
Nebraska Lawyers Assistance Program
The Nebraska Lawyers Assistance Program (NLAP) offers help to lawyers, judges, and law students troubled by substance abuse problems, stress, depression and
other problems that may impair their ability to perform in a competent and professional manner. (Read more)
SOLACE (Support Of Lawyers/Legal Personnel - All Concern Encouraged) Program
If you are aware of anyone within the Nebraska legal community (lawyers, law office personnel, judges, courthouse employees or
law students) who suffers a sudden, catastrophic loss due to an unexpected event, illness or injury, the NSBA's SOLACE Program can likely assist that person in some meaningful way. (Read More).
Rural Practice Initiative
The Nebraska State Bar Association increased its efforts in 2013 to manage the shortage of small town lawyers by starting a rural practice initiative. Currently, 11 of Nebraska’s
93 counties have no lawyers. The NSBA works to connect law students and lawyers with employment opportunities in rural Nebraska (Read-More).
Leadership Academy Support and Scholarships
The mission of the NSBA Leadership Academy is to help attorneys make contributions to the legal profession and their community by helping them to develop
leadership skills. (Read More).
LSAT Prep Scholarship Program
The LSAT Prep Scholarship Program was established to expand the pipeline of diverse law school applicants. The LSAT Prep Scholarship Program provides a scholarship for a Kaplan
LSAT Prep Course covers the costs of registering for the LSAT exam for recipients who are historically underrepresented in Nebraska's law schools, demonstrate economic need, and reside in Nebraska. (Read more)
Make an Impact!
- Over 310,000 Nebraskans, or 17% of the state’s population, are income eligible for services from civil legal service providers.
- 20.6% of lawyers nationally report problematic alcohol use and 1 in 4 lawyers are struggling with some level of depression.
- There are 11 counties in Nebraska with no lawyers and 19 more counties with three or fewer lawyers.
- Last year VLP turned away more than 400 eligible applicants for case placement because of lack of resources.
- For many first generation college students and other historically underrepresented groups, the cost of an average
LSAT Prep Course ($1,600) is beyond their means.
Because of donations from you and other NSBA members...
- NLAP provides confidential support, consultation and treatment referral for substance abuse, mental health and other impairments.
- Volunteer lawyers helped more than 7,000 persons last year through VLP programs and activities.
- The Rural Practice Initiative places lawyers in rural Nebraska.
- LSAT Prep Diversity Scholarships have been awarded to students demonstrating economic need.
|Nebraska Lawyers Foundation
635 South 14th Street, #200
Lincoln, NE 68501-1809
(402) 475-7091; Fax: (402) 475-7098
|Liz Neeley, Ph.D., Executive Director
Sam Clinch, Associate Executive Director