NSBA Sections Offer You Great Opportunities!
- Leadership: Very easy way to demonstrate and develop skills
- Networking: Great opportunity to build a strong network, including within your practice areas, and meet people you might not otherwise
- Learn new areas: For example, how the legislative process works, legal practice and procedure, as well as how nonprofits work including fundraising, finance and volunteer management
- Shape continuing education opportunities as well as participate
- Build your reputation through:
- Publications, such as authoring Nebraska Lawyer articles or practice manuals, many of which are initiated by sections
- Being a CLE presenter, again using connections to sections
- Shape the law, particularly at the state level, by getting involved with reviewing and proposing legislation, another activity under the auspices of sections
- Give back, primarily to the legal community, through activities such as networking with law students or assisting fellow lawyers experiencing personal challenges interfering with their practices
- Have fun! Socialize with colleagues informally or through organized social events
To join a NSBA Section, you must be a dues-paying member or a registered law student member. NSBA dues-paying members: log-in to the website and visit the NSBA Store You MUST BE LOGGED IN to receive the correct pricing. Newly admitted lawyers can join Sections for free. Contact Jennifer Hiatt for your complimentary section registration.
Sections are supported by NSBA Section Facilitator Jennifer Hiatt, (402) 475-7091 ext. 126; toll free (800) 927-0117 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Section Benefit: Lexology Newsstand
The NSBA Section Newsstand is a partnership with Lexology that provides free electronic newsletters (legal news feeds) specific to certain practice areas. Complete list of sections receiving Lexology.